Who can become a member?
Here are the eligibility requirements to become a DC member
1. If you have completed your educational training and written your licensing exam:
DC has reduced fees for members who meet first year, second year, parental leave, retired and part-time employment criteria.
2. If you are a student:
- You are registered with a Canadian dietetics regulatory body (provincial college).
DC has reduced fees for students and recent graduates.
3. If you are a dietitian who has received training and licensing outside of Canada:
- You are enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program in dietetics, food science, or nutrition science at a Canadian university.
- You are enrolled in a full time post-graduate degree program in food and human nutrition, food science or nutrition at a Canadian university (you are not yet eligible to be an RD).
- You are a graduate of an accredited undergraduate program in dietetics, food science, or nutrition science at a Canadian university, and are applying or awaiting a practicum placement.
- You are a member of a national dietetics association that requires you to have completed a four-year university degree in dietetics, and that is also a member of the International Confederation of Dietetic Associations.
- You are eligible to write the Canadian national dietetics registration exam based on an assessment by a Canadian dietetics regulatory body.
- You are pursuing additional Canadian education or experience to become eligible to write the national dietetics registration exam.
If you have questions about how your training or experience meets membership criteria, please contact us.
Find out more about member benefits
Learn more about fees